One exhausts himself with diets, the other sweats with enthusiasm and enthusiasm in the gym, and the third heroically refuses himself sweet. There are many methods to combat overweight.
However, there is an absolutely free and affordable method for almost everyone, namely running for weight loss.
What is the benefit of running for weight loss?
During running, the body spends a large amount of energy. At the same time, metabolism is normalized, calories are burned, intestinal motility is improved, and hunger is dulled. In addition, all the muscles of the body are strengthened, including the heart, the circulatory system is saturated with oxygen and the level of cholesterol in the blood is reduced.
Proper running for weight loss invigorates, tightens the figure and helps to get rid of unnecessary kilograms.
Of course, if you have any chronic diseases or medical contraindications, you should consult a doctor before starting classes.
Does running help you lose weight?
Perhaps you have already jogged more than once in the morning or in the evening, honestly “working out” your 15-20 minutes. And after some time they stopped training and asked the question – is it possible to lose weight in this way? Since the extra pounds stubbornly remained in their places and were in no hurry to leave your figure.
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?
If you jog for 10-20 minutes, then you are unlikely to lose weight. With this load, the muscles are fed with sugar from the liver – glycogen. Its reserves are enough for about half an hour, and then the body switches to another energy source – fat cells.
Therefore, in order to lose weight, you must run for at least an hour.
However, it is also not worth overdoing it: since fats are broken down slowly, the body begins to take energy from proteins, as a result of which muscle mass is lost. So, we realized that losing weight through running is not only possible but also necessary. It remains to figure out how to run to lose weight. To do this, you must follow certain rules that will help make your workouts as useful and enjoyable as possible.
HOW MUCH TO RUN TO LOSE?
- If you haven’t done jogging before, start your training gradually, without sudden exertion — with walking or short runs in about 10-15 minutes. Do not give all your strength, otherwise sharp stress can adversely affect the general condition of the body, including the work of the heart.
- In the first month, your distance should be no more than 1-2 kilometers, so that the body is accustomed to physical activity. If the adaptation process was successful, then you can gradually switch to 3-4 kilometers.
- Remember the regularity: to get rid of extra pounds, run at least twice a week. And ideally, do your workouts daily.
- To burn more calories, try running with acceleration: alternate walking, jogging and fast running at full strength for half an hour at equal distances. This option is suitable for you if you are limited in time, do not smoke and do not have health problems
- Run with pleasure and without compulsion, in the mode that is most comfortable for you. Listen to your body, and it will tell you how much to run to lose weight. And then running will bring you not only benefits but also joy.
HOW TO RUN TO LOSE?
- If you set out to lose weight, do not forget to warm up. Thus, you will prepare the body for stress and burning calories, which means running will be much more effective. In addition, stretching before starting classes will help you avoid injuries.
- Do not forget about proper nutrition: sweet, flour and fried foods will not add harmony to you and make your workouts almost useless. But fruits and vegetables, on the contrary, will help to lose weight. Drink more water – but no later than half an hour before class. During the run itself, it is better to refrain from drinking. Run-on an empty stomach in the morning, and in the evening – two hours before or after dinner.
- Choose natural and comfortable clothes for running and don’t skimp on good running sneakers, especially if you run on asphalt.
- If possible, run in a stadium or along dirt paths – in a park or in a forest. Hard paved surfaces will do more harm than good to your feet. In winter, you can opt for treadmills in the gym.
- Inhale and exhale through the mouth – this is a prerequisite for proper running for weight loss.
WHEN IS IT BETTER TO RUN TO LOSE?
Someone practices morning run for weight loss, and someone prefers to do sports in the evening. It must be remembered that training at different times of the day has a different effect on the body.
Morning run strengthens the cardiovascular and nervous systems, and daytime strengthens the muscles. For weight loss, the most optimal is running in the evenings.
However, if you do not have the opportunity to practice in the evening, do jogging in the morning – they will help you to tighten your figure and find harmony.
If you still decide to run in the evening, do not forget about safety:
Avoid deserted or poorly lit areas, stay away from highways, and wear reflective clothing so drivers can see you.
To avoid problems with falling asleep, do not run immediately before bedtime.
So we figured out how to run to lose weight. Do not be alarmed if, after a couple of months, your weight, on the contrary, increases by 1-2 kilograms. This means that the body gradually gets rid of fat reserves, processing them into muscle mass.
Do not give up training, and soon you will achieve excellent results. And besides, the reward for your work will be cheerfulness, energy, good mood and pleasure from classes.